Author Topic: Market sizes adjusted?  (Read 2095 times)

Offline satchel

• Rhode Island Reds
  • Legend of the Game
  • Reputation +9/-2
    • View Profile
    • Jamaica League
Market sizes adjusted?
« on: November 06, 2008, 02:38:46 PM »
Chappy, did you set the new market sizes for all the teams? If you didn't, since it's a new scale, I'd be happy to help figure this out.

Offline satchel

• Rhode Island Reds
  • Legend of the Game
  • Reputation +9/-2
    • View Profile
    • Jamaica League
Re: Market sizes adjusted?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 03:11:35 PM »
Are these the correct cities? I've only got a couple of questions. In Tennessee, a case could be made for both Nashville and Memphis; and in Texas, it's between Dallas and Houston. In both of those cases, one is significantly larger than the other, but the smaller one's metropolitan area is significantly larger than the larger city's.

Of all the locations, the only two which don't really make sense are New Jersey being in Atlantic City, and North Carolina being in Wilmington Beach, neither of which area could support a major league club. Yet the Shore is an oddball in the league in many ways, if the league wants to cut them a pass, that's understandable, their location in Atlantic City is somewhat a part of league culture now I suppose. The Clippers are run by a charter owner, and I suppose there is some leeway to be granted there, too.

MarylandAnnapolis
MassachusettsBoston
New JerseyAtlantic City
New YorkNew York City
PennsylvaniaPhiladelphia
OhioColumbus
Rhode IslandProvidence
FloridaMiami
KentuckyLexington
LouisianaNew Orleans
North CarolinaWilmington
MississippiJackson
TennesseeMemphis
VirginiaAlexandria
KansasWichita
IllinoisChicago
MinnesotaMinneapolis
MichiganDetroit
New MexicoAlbuquerque
TexasHouston
WisconsinMilwaukee
CaliforniaLos Angeles
ColoradoDenver
HawaiiHonolulu
IdahoBoise
NevadaLas Vegas
UtahSalt Lake City
WashingtonSeattle

Chappy, I'm going to use these locations to calculate market sizes (my formula includes state population, as I've described on these boards before) and for stadium graphics. Correct me if I need to change one of these, I know that our specific team locations are already in the game, which is really cool.

Offline claphamsa

• New Jersey Shore
  • Legend of the Game
  • Reputation +22/-67
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 07:32:11 AM »
We dosnt need fans! We have Gamblers!
NPBL New Jersey Shore

Offline Chappy

• Pennsylvania Freedom
  • Administrator
  • Legend of the Game
  • Reputation +59/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 08:22:23 AM »
Even though I know Koo's press releases state the the Clippers play in Wilmington, I have them in the game as being in Charlotte (mainly because the Clippers AAA affiliate is the Wilmington Waves).

I guess it's a little strange for a team from inland NC would have a boat for a logo though.   ;)

Offline tward13

• Utah Scorpions
  • Hall of Famer
  • Reputation +7/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 09:04:50 AM »
Even though I know Koo's press releases state the the Clippers play in Wilmington, I have them in the game as being in Charlotte (mainly because the Clippers AAA affiliate is the Wilmington Waves).

I guess it's a little strange for a team from inland NC would have a boat for a logo though.   ;)

I'll have you know that here in downtown Charlotte there's a plaque noting the location of the Confederate Navy Yard.  We smartass Yankee transplants pointed that out as a possible reason for lack of success during the war.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 09:06:40 AM by tward13 »

Offline satchel

• Rhode Island Reds
  • Legend of the Game
  • Reputation +9/-2
    • View Profile
    • Jamaica League
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 12:21:53 PM »
Ten-four.

I believe that the new game uses a 1-20 scale for market sizes now, not the strange 8-tier arrangement it used to have.