Author Topic: Draft Picks for an immediate IMPACT CF  (Read 1806 times)

creed

Re: Draft Picks for an immediate IMPACT CF
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2006, 04:08:13 PM »
Actually, in one of the later versions of 6.5, on the job training was added to the big league level.  So, while it may not say "learn" like it does in the minors, players played consistantly at a realistic position can gain a rating at that position.

Right, but I find it often takes quite a long time to gain that rating. A couple of seasons, often.

Really? Never seen it take that long.

Offline Scott

• Louisiana Blaze
  • Legend of the Game
  • Reputation +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2006, 05:57:53 AM »
I've got Oakley if you are interested.

Craswell's better :)

But he's not a CF.

Check again. He's been playing there for the secodn half the season

I guess I'll leave it up to Scott since he's the one asking.  Maybe he sees Carsswell as a possible centerfielder.  In my book, just because he's played some centerfield, doesn't make him a centerfielder.   If OOTP gives him a rating at the position...maybe.

I think Carsswell's 0.942 Fielding % at CF partly answers the question of whether he's a CF. 
Creed: I think I'm set at corner OF, but if I re-jigger my OF, I'll keep Carsswell in mind.  Looks like he can also "play" middle infield.
NPBL: Louisiana Blaze: 2020 to 2035
BSBL: Los Angeles Angels: 1952 to 1965, founding owner

creed

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2006, 01:30:33 PM »
I've got Oakley if you are interested.

Craswell's better :)

But he's not a CF.

Check again. He's been playing there for the secodn half the season

I guess I'll leave it up to Scott since he's the one asking.  Maybe he sees Carsswell as a possible centerfielder.  In my book, just because he's played some centerfield, doesn't make him a centerfielder.   If OOTP gives him a rating at the position...maybe.

I think Carsswell's 0.942 Fielding % at CF partly answers the question of whether he's a CF. 
Creed: I think I'm set at corner OF, but if I re-jigger my OF, I'll keep Carsswell in mind.  Looks like he can also "play" middle infield.

He's no GG at any position, but that bat is what he's valued for.