Author Topic: Colorado Rams 75th Anniversary Team  (Read 337 times)

Offline Y0DA55

• Colorado Rams
  • Legend of the Game
  • Reputation +12/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Colorado Rams 75th Anniversary Team
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2018, 09:54:03 AM »
SP3 - Raul Perez
Career w/ Rams: 187-166 (Most Wins in Rams History), 3.89 ERA, 1,872 Ks (4th)
* Bick Horizon Award Winner *
* 1 All-Star Selection *

Might as well continue talking about "current" players. Raul is still in the league at 43 years old, though he hasn't played significant time in 5 years. He pitched more innings and started more games than any other Ram. He has more complete games for the Rams than anyone who didn't start with the inaugural season.

He also was tremendous during our 2065 championship season, going 21-12 with a 3.26 ERA. He went 3-1 in the playoffs that year.

Pretty good for a 3rd round pick!

Offline Y0DA55

• Colorado Rams
  • Legend of the Game
  • Reputation +12/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2018, 05:43:16 AM »
C - Ron Moore
Career w/ Rams: .256 - 370 HRs (6th) - 1238 RBI (5th)
* 6 All-Star Selections *
* 2 Zachary Mathews Awards *

Summary from the 50 Year Team:
This team has actually had a few pretty good Catchers in its time, but the current catcher can definitely make a case as being the best of the bunch.  Not only does he have the offense, but he can play a little defense too.

I think that if there was one stat that could boil down Moore for you all was his Slugging Percentage.  His .461 SLG ranks 13th all time among catchers.

Unfortunately, Moore is on the wrong side of 30 and while he hasn't slowed down yet, it may be coming soon.  Regardless of that fact, this man has been the rock behind the plate for 8 seasons, and we can only hope for 8 more like the ones he's had.

Now:
I wouldn't have known that he didn't slow down after 2051. He had 3 more 5 WAR seasons after that and just continued to play games. He's all over the Rams leaderboards:
6th in HRs
5th in RBI
Leads in both Hit by Pitches and Ground into Double Plays

He's great in many of the counting categories that would lead you to think he had a good career (which he did). He's Rams Top 10 in: Games, At Bats, Hits, Doubles, K's, Extra base hits, Total Bases, and WAR. Any of us would take a catcher who's career lined up like that.

He never did win the championship, but did hit .311 / 8 / 37 in 8 playoff appearances. AND, he was a pretty good defensive catcher. Solid!

Offline Y0DA55

• Colorado Rams
  • Legend of the Game
  • Reputation +12/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2018, 12:27:26 PM »
SP4 - Jeffrey Albin
Career w/ Rams: 108-57 - 3.13 ERA (4th) - 1,267 K's
* 2 All-Star Selections *

Albin was a workhorse in his time with the Rams.  He had two 20 win seasons (only Ben Lamela can make that claim) and has the 4th best winning percentage ever as a Ram.

He came around just as we were falling off the pedastal and need to retool and we ended up trading him for Robinson Gonzalez (who is also on this 50-year team).  Unfortunately for New Jersey, he had a history of injuries for them and never quite dominated like he did with the Rams.

However, he was definitely the 3rd best pitcher this team had ever seen.

Now:
Well, now he's the 4th best pitcher the team has seen. I'm still bummed I gave him up midway through his career.

SP5 - Chip Herold
Career w/ Rams: 162-133 - 3.72 ERA - 1,940 K's - 1.21 WHiP - (2nd, 8th, -, 3rd, and - respectively)
* 1 All-Star Selection *

Herold is the 2nd winningest pitcher in Rams history, but also the 5th losingest pitcher.  That's kind of his story.  He was a good pitcher that pitched the majority of his career on a really good team.  I believe he was my number 1 starter for many of those years, but I don't really think I ever thought of him as an ace like I did with Lamela, Albin, or McCullough.  He makes this team purely through being able to grit out the many years of above average service to this team... and because we really haven't had a ton of really top quality pitching.

Now:
Well, 3 people passed him on the losing side. That's what having a crappy team will do for you. He had 12 straight years of 10 wins or more.

Offline Y0DA55

• Colorado Rams
  • Legend of the Game
  • Reputation +12/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Today at 08:04:31 AM »
MR4 - Arthur Crawford
Career w/ Rams: 48-62 - 57 Saves - 3.43 ERA - 977 Games (6th) - 203 Holds (1st)
* 1 All-Star Selection *

Crawford was never the final stopper for the Rams as he spent most of his career behind Francisco Rangel, but he was always around and always very good. He had the consistency to amass 977 games for the Rams, which ranks him 5th on the team and leads the team in holds.

MR5 - Jaime Soto
Career w/ Rams: 24-33 - 171 Saves (7th) - 3.31 ERA
* 1 All-Star Selection *

This may be a bit premature, as when I compiled this list it seemed as though Soto, as young as he was, would continue to be good. But he has since lost his closer job, so in 25 years, who knows if he'll still be here. Since he's joined the team at age 26, he's been the closer for the (very bad) Rams. The team has never won more than 65 games when Soto was on the roster, but he has accumulated 171 saves in that time. I guess the team just likes to play close games.