Author Topic: Trimming My Team  (Read 147 times)

Offline Y0DA55

• Colorado Rams
  • Legend of the Game
  • Reputation +11/-0
    • View Profile
Trimming My Team
« on: October 20, 2017, 08:15:05 AM »
So as I am getting rid of a bunch of my filler guys (I have a gazillion guys in my rookie league), I decided to trim some of my upper levels as well.  You know, the guys who are old who have no shot of playing again in the bigs.

And I found some interesting stories...

I just dumped Jorge Magalaes who came over in a big trade with Utah, but ultimately never did much of anything with the Rams.

I was thinking of getting rid of Raul Perez.  I mean, the guy is 40 and has no shot to play in the majors unless I want my team to be worse than it is.  Though, I did draft him, and he won 187 games for the Rams.  So I am going to let him hang on as long as he wants to.

Then there is Fernando Bueno.  He is 39, was a 5th round draft pick in 2055 and has essentially been a career minor leaguer.  He had 1 at bat as a 28 year old and was a backup first basemen for the Rams two years ago.  And that's it.  How can I cut this guy now?

The little stories that you find with this game are great.

Offline CbsBsbll

• Maryland Admirals
  • Legend of the Game
  • Reputation +10/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Trimming My Team
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 12:37:41 PM »
Wow, those ARE cool stories! Thank you for sharing.
Minnesota Wolves GM: 2030-45
Maryland Admirals GM: 2069-present

Offline chicoruiz

• Starter
  • Reputation +2/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Trimming My Team
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2017, 01:43:45 PM »
In other leagues I've been in, I throw these kind of guys in onto the end of a low minors roster and tell myself that they're player-coaches.